How will you make a difference?
We want to get the best out of you: whoever you are, wherever you come from. Karel de Grote University College is a warm and ambitious place to work and study, located in the highly diverse city of Antwerp. Here you will work together with 1,300 colleagues and 13,000 students. We believe in innovative and challenging education that offers room for growth.
Assistant ShareResearch – 20 %
- You will teach in the Advanced Master of Research in Art and design in a social-political context. The program offers time and space to do research without the requirement of any particular final format such as an exhibition. The focus is on artistic research, individual and collective development and research exchange. The program is aligned to each participant’s work rhythm and caters for specific theoretical interests by inviting a diversity of voices from a variety of fields that can cater to the individual research interests within the student body.
- Concrete assignment (20%):
- Shared research class: you will be responsible to introduce the participants of the Advanced Master to formats, contexts and networks in which they can share their research. You will develop self-reflective collective and peer-to-peer-exchange methods. You will be part of the Advanced Master tutor team that works closely together to develop the program modules in Writing, Research Methodology, Theory, and Sharing Research.
- You are cultural-sensitive and you try to find solutions to create a diversity enhancing work environment.
- You work collectively and develop together with your collaegues the curriuclum and methodology of the program. You collaborate with them for assignments, planning and evaluation.
- You take your responsibility in the organisation and participate in the organisation of education.
- You invest in your professional and pedagogical development and share your knowlegde and network with Sint Lucas Antwerpen.
- You are actively engaged in artistic research organisations and have a network of peers active in the context of artistic research.
- You work at campus Sint Lucas Antwerpen. You report to the Head of Research Sint Lucas Antwerpen.
- You have a Master’s degree, preferably art history, art theory, curatorial studies. An active curatorial practice in a social-political context is a necessary condition.
- You have a B2-level of Engels or are willing to obtain this level with a test.
- You are familiar with the diverse artistic research practices in a social-political context. You have an extensive network of artist-researchers, research spaces and organizations. You are familiar with critical, feminist and decolonial theory and you practice collective and peer-to-peer learning methodologies.
- You are a team player who encourages cooperation. Your enthusiasm and empathy have a motivating and inspiring effect on your student and colleagues.
- You have strong networking skills. You are communicative and pro-active.
- You are good at planning and setting priorities.
- You are willing to use the ICT-tools and applications to innovate and facilitate your teaching and communicate with students and colleagues.
- A part-time employment contract (20%) as a contractual employee.
- The assignment starts September 16, 2019 with a contract of one year.
- A salary in keeping with your qualifications and experience within the barema 502 = regular salary scale for assistant. You can find more information about the salary scales on http://onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/nl/vind-je-salarisschaal#hoger-onderwijs.
- Full reimbursement of expenses incurred for commuting via public transport and/or a bicycle allowance of 0.15 euro/km.
- Typical terms of employment within our university college include flexible working hours, possibility of working from home, training opportunities and an attractive holiday policy.
- KdG believes in the passion and talent of its staff and strives to create equal opportunities. With respect for diversity and cultural backgrounds. Hence, this vacancy is open to all and everyone is invited to apply.
How to apply ?
Applications may only be submitted online via our website https://www.kdg.be/vacatures
- Click the desired vacancy
- Apply online at the bottom of the page
- Complete the application with the following documents as attachments:
- A motivation letter and your CV
- If available, an IELTS certificate proving your C2 level of English proficiency
- A transcript of the required degree. If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- For diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via naricvlaanderen.be/en).
The application period is open until August 21, 2019:
- The first round of selections will be done based on the applications received
- The second round consists of a selection interview, scheduled September 2 or 9, 2019.
More information about this vacancy can be obtained from Petra Van Brabandt, head of Research Sint Lucas Antwerpen, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Advanced Master of Research in Art and Design you can find here: https://www.sintlucasantwerpen.be/opleidingen/advanced-master-of-research-in-art-and-design/
Do you need help with your application? Contact HR, via 03 613 13 36 or email@example.com.
During the summer break Sint Lucas Antwerpen is collectively closed. We are back on August 19, 2019.