You need to hold a certificate of secondary education (or higher) that grants access to a comparable higher education degree programme in the country that it was awarded.
Listed below are some examples of certificates that are typically accepted when applying for one of our professional bachelor’s programmes. It does not guarantee you a place. This decision is based on your grades, which need to meet or exceed our admission requirements.
Certificates recognised by NARIC that give direct access to a professional bachelor’s programme in Flanders are accepted.
Examples of accepted certificates
Below is a list of diplomas that we accept subject to grades. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
- Afghanistan – 12° grade certificate
- Belgium (French community) – Certificat d’Enseigement Secondaire Supérieur
- Bulgaria – Diploma za Sredno Obrazovanie (academic stream)
- Cameroon – Baccalauréat de l’Enseignement Secondaire/GCE
- Colombia – Bachiller Académico
- El Salvador – Bachiller
- France – Baccalauréat
- Germany – Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife (Abitur)
- India – All India Senior School Certificate/Standard XII diploma/Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Nigeria – West Africa Senior School Certificate
- Poland – Swiadectwo Dojrzalosci Liceum Ogolnoksztalcacego (General lyceum)
- Portugal – Diploma/Certificado do Ensino Secundário
- Romania – Diplomă de Bacalaureat
- Russia – Attestat o Srednem Obshchem Obrazovanii
- Serbia – Diploma o stecenom sredem obrazovanju
- Spain – Título de Bachiller
- Syria – General Secondary Education Certificate
- The Netherlands – VWO, MBO4, propedeuse
- Tunisia – Baccalauréat
- Turkey – Lise Diplomasi
- Ukraine – Svidotstvo pro zdobuttia povnoi zagalnoi serednoi osvity
- USA – High School Diploma
- Vietnam – Bang Tot Nghiep Pho Thong Trung obtained at a high school for the gifted
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- A bachelor’s diploma or equivalent
- A master’s diploma or equivalent