You need to hold a certificate of secondary education (or higher) that grants access to a comparable higher education degree programme in the country that it was awarded.
Note: if your certificate is not in English, Dutch, French, or German, it needs translating into one of these four languages by a SWORN translator.
Listed below are some examples of certificates that are typically accepted when applying for one of our professional bachelor’s programmes. It does not guarantee you a place. This decision is based on your grades, which need to meet or exceed our admission requirements.
Certificates recognised by NARIC that give direct access to a professional bachelor’s programme in Flanders are accepted.
Examples of accepted certificates
Below is a list of diplomas that we accept subject to grades. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
- Afghanistan – 12° grade certificate
- Belgium (French community) – Certificat d’Enseigement Secondaire Supérieur
- Bulgaria – Diploma za Sredno Obrazovanie (academic stream)
- Cameroon – Baccalauréat de l’Enseignement Secondaire/GCE
- Colombia – Bachiller Académico
- El Salvador – Bachiller
- France – Baccalauréat
- Germany – Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife (Abitur)
- India – All India Senior School Certificate/Standard XII diploma/Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Nigeria – West Africa Senior School Certificate
- Poland – Swiadectwo Dojrzalosci Liceum Ogolnoksztalcacego (General lyceum)
- Portugal – Diploma/Certificado do Ensino Secundário
- Romania – Diplomă de Bacalaureat
- Russia – Attestat o Srednem Obshchem Obrazovanii
- Serbia – Diploma o stecenom sredem obrazovanju
- Spain – Título de Bachiller
- Syria – General Secondary Education Certificate
- The Netherlands – VWO, MBO4, propedeuse
- Tunisia – Baccalauréat
- Turkey – Lise Diplomasi (+ Temel Yeterlilik Testi/Yükseköğretim Kurumları Sınavı)
- Ukraine – Svidotstvo pro zdobuttia povnoi zagalnoi serednoi osvity
- USA – High School Diploma
- Vietnam – Bang Tot Nghiep Pho Thong Trung obtained at a high school for the gifted
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- A bachelor’s diploma or equivalent
- A master’s diploma or equivalent