Insurance – exchange students (study or internship)

Students who temporarily (one or two semesters) come to Belgium (including Erasmus Belgica) for an internship or to study are not insured by KdG except for the physical accidents during the internship in Belgium.

When your medical costs for injury and illness are not covered by a health insurance in your home country, we strongly recommend that you take out a travel insurance.

We also recommend a third-party liability insurance. This covers you in the event you are sued for compensation by a third party, who believes they have suffered a loss due to your negligence or carelessness. It covers third-party material damage and physical injury.

If you are in need of an insurance covering accident, illness, travel assistance and third-party insurance, we can suggest the SIP (Student Insurance Programme).

For more information, please contact