- You have to take a minimum of 21 ECTS and a maximum of 36 ECTS
- The project XL is the core element to the programme, we advise you to participate! (12 ECTS)
- You can choose freely between the other components of the programme in order to have a full programme
Storytelling and visual communication
A combination of storytelling and good design should work in partnership to turn what can be a ‘dry’ publication into a truly effective communication piece. In addition to good storytelling, good design can help your story deliver an emotional punch, and make it clear what’s distinctive about your organisation’s work. This course will help you become an expert in both aspects.
Media Productions 3D Modeling
Media production 3D modeling is going to be a discovery journey in 3D land. Together, we will help you get started to draw virtual prototypes in 3D. Initially, we will make some examples together. Afterwards, we will get you on the road to draw your own 3D model, and have it made/ cut out or printed in our FabLab.
Media Productions Web
This workshop provides a full introduction in crafting websites with HTML & CSS and the necessary knowledge/techniques to put this website live on a real hosting platform. We will also learn the basics of wordpress. (setup/configuration/theming & hosting).
Media Productions Audio Video
This workshop provides a full introduction to the audiovisual technologies. You will become familiar with video production and you can brief a video team (content & technology). At the end of the course, you will be able to produce a professional looking video.
Online Marketing Essentials
After taking this course, you will know the basics of social media marketing and can apply them in practice. You can work with Google Analytics to draw conclusions in order to optimize online marketing. You’ll know the functioning of online acquisition (SEO, SEA, email marketing, display, ...) and can formulate an SEO advice.
Master Class Young Entrepreneurs
In various seminars, expert guide you through some essential questions if you want to become an entrepreneur, such as:
- Why would you become and entrepreneur?
- What is being an entrepreneur about?
- Legal obligations of an entrepreneur
- From idea to something real
- Customers wanted
- Organization of your business
- The financial part of your business
The Project XL
- The project XL will start with a creative Bootcamp, to open up your mind, start the innovative thinking process and get to know your team members.
- You will be guided through the essentials of Project Management, in order to work on the concept of your innovative idea.
- Once you have a clear focus, you will start campaigning your idea. In a final run to the presentation of your Project, we will focus on the branding & presentation of your project.
- We expect you to have a clear defined project (a product, application, service,…) at the end of this semester, you will have to proof this during a presentation for an actual jury.
- During the project, you will be tested on the following competences:
- Project management, entrepreneurship and creativity
- Intercultural communication
Organization & Evaluation:
Regular and Intensive:
- 4h of coaching sessions / week
- 4h of workshops and lessons on specific topics
- Individual teamwork
iPhone or Fairphone? Local produce or eco-friendly Brazilian coffee? Tiny house or digital nomad? Which trends will be popular next year? Why do we choose one trend over another? Who decides what we like? Over the past decades, trend forecasting has become an increasingly important creative industry, reflecting on the most prevalent cultural moods of the present and predicting the sensitivities of the future.
- At the end of the course, you’ll have developed the critical skills to analyze and interpret trends – and the practice of researching future trends.
- You’ll be able to write a paper in which you reflect on or present a particular trend.
- You will sell your trend insight as a true storyteller.