Specialisation of the professional bachelor of International Business Management
Starts September 2021
- One dynamic programme that immerses you in international business and the global supply chain
- Develop the skills to operate in this agile business sector – keeping goods flowing and meeting customer demands in a post-pandemic world
- Learn how to drive sustainability in the supply chain – making it greener, leaner and more efficient
- Benefit from practice-based learning in Antwerp – Europe’s second largest port and a logistics hub
- Network, network, network! Allow us to introduce you to our industry contacts built up over the past 50 years
- Prepare yourself for the workplace with a three-month international internship in a logistics company
Business Management – Specialisation Logistics Management will have a new name from the 2021-2022 academic year, approved by the Flemish government: International Business Management – Specialisation Global Supply Chain Management.
What does this course contain?
Just over a third of your International Business Management degree focuses on your specialisation.
You start with the basics of international business – accounting, cross-cultural communication, economics, law, management, marketing, logistics and trade.
The logistics lab gives a first, practical taste of your specialisation. Map out a viable supply chain from source to customer, mindful of its ecological footprint. Draw on expert insight, visit a company, and troubleshoot issues as a team.
Build on this as you progress. Learn to forecast demand, and respond to geopolitics. Delve into supply chain management and its push for sustainability, international transport, customs, import and export management. Fine-tune your international business skills too.
Explore maritime transport, port logistics, customs and warehousing’s digital revolution in the final year. Then round off your degree with an international internship in a logistics firm – ideal preparation for this fast-paced, dynamic industry.
What do you need?
You need an up-to-date laptop to take notes, work on projects, take exams ...
- Wifi specifications: a device with an 'A' rating (e.g. Wifi A, Wireless A, Wifi AC, Wireless AC)
- Can I use a Mac? We strongly advise against using a Mac since recent versions do not allow for the installation of Windows via Bootcamp – a requirement for your exams.
- Can I use a Chromebook? We also advice against using Chromebook. As of september Office will no longer be supported by Chromebook.
- Free software? You get Windows and Office 365 for free as a student of this programme.
You are someone who likes to plan ahead – a born organiser. Problem-solving comes easily. So does thinking on your feet. Could you scale these up? Certainly. Your eye is on the big picture, and you have a flair for all things business. A people person with a world outlook. Your analytical mind makes sense of complex data, and innovation excites you. Above all, you see yourself making a difference. You crave a sustainable future where green solutions play their part on the world stage.
- This course is taught in English, only. Good proficiency in English is required.
- You hold a secondary education certificate that grants access to a comparable higher education degree programme in the country it was granted.
- Strongly motivated, open-minded and goal-driven students.
- Our programme requires curiosity, a strong will to use all of your talents, a readiness to explore, to learn and to perform in an international team.
You will study at our Groenplaats campus in the heart of historic Antwerp, overlooking the main square and cathedral and a short stroll to the shopping precinct on the Meir.
Your lectures will mostly take place here within the faculty of Management & Information Technology. Drop into the library for some quiet study time, get together for group work in The View, or relax in the cafeteria and catch-up with course mates.
The campus enjoys excellent bus and tram links, so getting around the city is straightforward. And with Antwerpen-Centraal station just a short ride away, it means Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London are all within easy reach.
+32 3 613 16 00
Study in Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp, in the heart of Europe
- Vibrant city of learning with more than 44,000 students
- Home to the second-largest port in Europe
Diamond capital of the world
Thriving fashion industry
Cultural heritage of world renown
- Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London all within easy reach
Antwerp, city for students
Antwerp has over 44,000 students. A total of 511,000 inhabitants, that's a lot!
STAN (Student in Antwerp) works hard for a student-friendly city: sufficient and high-quality housing, a clean and safe student district, cheap rental bikes, cultural offers with great discounts, affordable and safe party areas, clear policies with respect to mounting posters and ragging, and much more.
Antwerp, city for students. An Introduction
This is Antwerp
What do other students say about Antwerp?
Work or study
This new specialisation is modelled on our existing Dutch-language version. Its graduates have started careers in logistics companies, transport firms, shipping companies, as well as the service and manufacturing sectors.
Our 50+ years of teaching in this sector gives us the insight to develop a sought-after graduate profile. We have built our expertise through strong collaboration with industry contacts, and in doing so, keep our curriculum responsive to developments from the field.
See yourself as a future forwarder, shipping agent, export manager, purchase manager, logistics operations manager, supply chain planner and warehouse supervisor? The global nature of the supply chain brings with it job opportunities at each step of the way.
Or perhaps you want to continue with your studies? Then a master’s degree in maritime and logistics management or supply chain management are potential options.
Want to know more?
- Join us to find out what our degrees are all about
- Our lecturers will be on hand to talk through the programme and help with any questions
- Come and get a feel for life at KdG
Visit our next Open Day
Join us at open day
Saturday 12 March 2022 from 10:00 till 17:00
Saturday 23 April 2022 from 10:00 till 14:00
Saturday 25 June 2022 from 10:00 till 14:00
How to apply
The current academic year started on September 20th and admissions are now closed.
Note: Under certain conditions, EEA students or holders of an EEA residence permit may still be able to join a current programme. This is subject to meeting the admission criteria explained below, and cannot be guaranteed. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Alternatively, apply for our 2022-2023 academic year when admissions open in December.