March 17th – March 20th 2020
The Karel de Grote University of Applied Sciences, Campus Science & Technology organizes an international week on ‘Designing the future, embracing technology’. We are happy to invite experts and guest speakers to participate in this event that will be held in Antwerp (Hoboken), Belgium from Tuesday March 17th until Friday March 20th 2020.
- Our international week on Future Creative Technologies will offer you the possibility to share your expertise with our colleagues and international partners from similar study fields.
- The program covers masterclasses and workshops, networking events, promotion of the home institution and presentations by the KdG and students in Multimedia.
- The masterclasses will be attended by the participants and our bachelor students in Multimedia and Communication Technologies.
- Finally, an optional social program will be offered in order to discover the smart city Antwerp!
The programme is built upon the following aims:
- Participate in workshops and discuss future educational programmes
- Network on an international level
- Exchange best practices with colleagues from all over the world
- Give our students a taste of your expertise
- Promote your institution to our students
- Explore Antwerp Smart City
Topics for expert classes
We would like to invite our partners to contribute by a masterclass or workshop on the topics mentioned below. We are open to a diversity of presentation and formats (digital media, film, audio). Bachelor students from multimedia and communication technologies will attend the courses as well as students form other related study fields.
Central theme: ‘Designing the future, embracing technology’
The international week will focus on topics that are related to the impact of digitalization and automatization on society.
Sharing experiences and good practices:
- Gamification as a tool for intercultural/interdisciplinary communication (staff only)
- Setting up a virtual mobility project (staff only)
Workshops, lectures and masterclasses can be given on the following topics:
- New Product Development
New product development process following lean principles Co-creation and open innovation
- Digital storytelling
- Managing innovation & disruptive technology
- Robotics and the benefits for humanity
From smart prosthetics and hyper-specialized medical surgery to butler droids and on-demand manufacturing. In order to achieve this endless potential we face many challenges on both technical and adaptive. Help students figure out how robotics technology can take their idea into the future.
- FabLab, sustainability and education
Expand your knowledges! Do you have a specific workshop that you would like to share in our facilities? we offer our space to tutors that seek to give workshops with technological themes
- Digital tools for management
Agile, project management, creative, time management, marketing,... Introduce different tools and share experiences
- Future creative technologies - changing multimedia?
We are open for, and looking forward to other suggestions as well
- Arrival in Antwerp
- Network meetings
- Sharing experiences and exchange of good practices
- Expert classes and workshops by visiting lecturers, professionals and KdG teachers,
- Overall: Mobility possibilities for KdG students: partners present their institutions and exchange options
- Expert classes and workshops by visiting lecturers, professionals and KdG teachers
- Overall: Introduction to our Digital Nomad programme: Presentation of our educational offer, for partners seeking mobility opportunities for teachers and students. Take a look in our robotics project and give feedback to students.
- Closing network diner offered by KdG
- Optional programme: Discover Antwerp ! Networking and discovering the smart and entrepreneurial city of Antwerp!
More information will follow soon after the applications.
Costs and Erasmus
Participation is free of charge. Lunches will be provided as well as two diners. Please note that all participants are responsible for covering their own accommodation and travel costs. Please contact the Erasmus coordinator at your home institution to apply for Erasmus+ funding for participating in this international week.
For the optional programme ‘Discover the Smart City of Antwerp’ we charge a fee of 40 €
The registrations are open from November 5th and close on Monday December 16th, 2019. You will receive further information on the program details and practical matters soon after the registrations.