Students in stressful social/psychosocial situations

Are you studying at KdG while looking after children or sick parents, or while pregnant? Or are you in any other type of stressful situation? If so, a 'stressful social/psychosocial situations' ILC may help you cope with the challenges.

How can you demonstrate this?

Depending on the situation involved, we may need supporting documentation, such as:

  • a medical certificate (in the case of pregnancy, palliative care for a parent)
  • proof of family composition (students with children)
  • death certificate
  • copy of a police report
  • etc.

How do you apply for an Individual Learning Certificate (ILC)?

The onus always lies with you, the student, to apply for an ILC.

To ensure that everything goes smoothly right from the start at KdG, it is important to submit your application in good time. You find the deadlines for submitting your ILC in the academic calender of your course. 

Make an appointment with the student counselor:

Are you not yet enrolled? Do you have any questions?

Make an appointment with the student counselor:, or (Campus Groenplaats).