Seminar on Thursday October 17, 2019 from 16h00 to 19h00.
To enable a more efficient, objective and purposeful selection of solvents, researchers of the Karel de Grote University College (KdG) have developed a user-friendly software application based on an AI algorithm, called SUSSOL (Sustainable Solvents Selection and Substitution Software).
Which solvent did I use in the past? What do we have in stock? These are often the first questions asked when a solvent is needed. In many cases the ‘selection process’ is finished by a choice based on trial and error. However, a performant and sustainable solvent fit for your specific application can save money, improve health & safety and reduce environmental impact.
On October 17th we present our software to all stakeholders from academia and industry. During the network reception, participants will be able to test the SUSSOL software.
We are happy to announce that Dr. Alain Molinard, Learning & Development manager/Site change manager at BASF Antwerp, will be joining us as a keynote speaker during this inspirational evening about chemistry, AI, Industry 4.0 and, of course sustainable solvents.
We recently launched a new website with information about our research, our team and our success stories.
Want to know more about the software: here you can find it explained in less than 5 minutes.
- Questions about the content of the event? firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Practical questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15h30 - 16h00: registration and welcome coffee
- 16h00 - 16h10: welcome by Jeroen Geuens (Head of the centre of expertise ‘Sustainable Chemistry’)
- 16h10 - 16h40: opening keynote 'Industry 4.0: digital mindset in the chemical industry' by Alain Molinard (Learning & Development manager/Site change manager at BASF Antwerp)
- 16h40 - 17h10: information about the software by Hannes Sels (Researcher at the centre of expertise ‘Sustainable Chemistry’)
- 17h10 - 17h20: artificial intelligence by Herwig De Smet (Researcher at Management and IT)
17h20 - 17h35: testimonial by industrial user: Jacco Quist (Product Manager at Eco-Point)
17h35 - 17h50: testimonial by industrial user: John Verstegen (R&D Team Leader at Soudal)
17h50 - 18h00: Q&A
18h00: reception and & possibility to test the software
Industry 4.0: digital mindset in the chemical industry
Industry 4.0 is said to be a game changer, but what does this practically means for conventional chemical production plants? It seems that robots, drones, AI, data mining, machine learning… can help us to improve the efficiency, safety and sustainability in the chemical industry. However, besides the digital hard and software, it is all about the people: also a “digital mindset” is needed to support these new developments. Quite a challenge for our actual and future employees…
Everyone who uses solvents professionally or is interested in AI applications in chemistry is welcome at this seminar: R&D scientists, synthetic chemists, chromatography professionals, formulators, lab technicians, academics, IT professionals…
Thursday the 17th of October, 2019. The event starts at 16h00, followed by a reception at 18h00.
The event takes place at Karel de Grote University College, Campus Zuid, Brusselstraat 45, 2018 Antwerp.
- Free of charge
The showcase is free of charge, registration is mandatory. Registration is open until Thursday, October 10.