How will you make a difference?
Karel de Grote University College is a warm and ambitious learning and working environment in the super-diverse city of Antwerp. You will work together with 1,300 colleagues and for 13,000 students.
We opt for innovative and challenging education with room for growth.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to get started at campus Groenplaats as:
Lecturer and learning coach in Financial Accounting – 18% ?
You will teach in the bachelor’s degree programme of Business Management-International Business. All courses are taught in English.
- You will lecture Financial Accounting in the 1st semester of the programme.
- You will coach students in their learning process in Financial Accounting.
- (A course book covers all content, both theory and exercises)
- You work in team with the lecturers of accounting and financial subjects.
- You often consult with your direct colleagues.
- You are a member of the academic staff of Business Management-International Business.
- You report to and consult with the programme manager of Business Management-International Business.
- You are an expert in the field of Financial Accounting.
- You have experience in teaching and/or coaching students.
- You take care of teaching, assessment and feedback processes.
- You are an accurate planner and a good motivator and communicator.
- You show great interest in education and are willing to continuously improve your subject related and teaching competencies.
- You are experienced in working in an international and multicultural environment.
- English is preferably your native language. If not, CEFR level C1 at least is required. You are prepared to take the IELTS language test.
- You are a problem solver who likes challenges and are focused on achieving goals.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an accounting related field of study.
A challenging part-time assignment (18% employee contract) starting on 1 November 2019 and ending on 31 August 2020. After a positive assessment, the assignment can be extended.
With a bachelor’s degree the salary is calculated under scale 316. With a master’s degree the salary is calculated under scale 502. More details on pay scales can be found on http://onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/nl/vind-je-salarisschaal#hoger-onderwijs.
Travel expenses depend on your official home address. With public transport 100% of the expenses is reimbursed. If you travel by bicycle, you receive 0,15 € per km.
Let us know! Apply as soon as possible on www.kdg.be/vacatures. We are eager to get to know you.
The application period is open until October 21th 2019
- The first round of selections will be done based on the applications received
- The second round consists of a selection interview on October 25th in the afternoon
Werner Boumans, programme manager of Business Management-International Business can answer your questions. He can be reached on 0032(0)484 07 30 14 or mail to email@example.com. For help with the application, please call HR on 0032(0)3 613 13 36 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.