Professional Bachelor in Business Management
- Immerse yourself in the world of international business ready for the global marketplace
- Benefit from an international classroom where cross-cultural training helps you develop your global reach
- Embrace business sustainability in response to global societal and environmental challenges
- Develop your research and analytical skills. Spot opportunities, respond to change and assess risk factors. In practice too
- Showcase your adaptability on the job with a three-month international company internship
- Complete your international experience with an optional study exchange abroad
What does this course contain?
Your first two years offer an expansive study of global business – trade, logistics, economics, finance, law, accountancy, marketing, management and sustainability.
Practice is key. Our expert coaches train you to apply your theoretical knowledge in a series of practical exercises. Confident that you can bring a product to market? Then, test your know-how in our Business Lab.
Mastered the principles of cross-cultural teamwork? Great! Get to showcase this skillset in the second year as you prepare for your business research trip abroad.
Like global commerce, we place great importance on people skills. Our training helps you develop a proficiency in communication to transcend borders.
By your final year, you will have a firm grasp of the ins and outs of international business. You choose your elective subjects, complete your thesis, and enjoy on-the-job experience through our three-month international internship programme. You can also opt for a study exchange at one of our partner universities abroad.
What does your schedule look like?
Every week is full of activities: lectures, seminars, team assignments, and self-study. Although the timetables will be visible for the full year, every week’s timetable will look different because guest lecturers mostly do not lecture on a regular basis.
Life is about experiences…
That is why students are trained and coached by a fine team of lecturers from universities and businesses from all over Europe and beyond. Your classmates come from about 25 different countries and have diverse cultural backgrounds. Study exchange and internships allow you to travel around the world. Niceness!
Most courses are a mix of theoretical lectures, group and individual assignments, exercises and tasks. The education you receive here will not only further develop your professional skills, but also stimulate your personal growth. Here, you will really become a businessman/woman.
Local students go abroad, international students can go local. Both explore and learn.
The last 3 months are reserved for the internship abroad. You consolidate what you have learned so far. You experience what real life in a company or organization is like and you build an international network.
Where to do an internship?
Wherever you prefer, as long as it is safe and the experience is worthwhile in terms of learning.
- You want the world to be your daily working environment.
- International trade and cooperation fascinate you. Live up to your expectations, from your desk in your home country, or while travelling to clients and business partners around the world.
- Whatever your age is, you are strongly motivated to choose the path of international business.
- This course is taught in English, only. Good proficiency in English is required.
- You hold a secondary education certificate that grants access to a comparable higher education degree programme in the country it was granted.
- Strongly motivated, open-minded and goal-driven students.
- IBS requires curiosity, a strong will to use all of your talents, a readiness to explore, to learn and to perform in an international team.
You will study at our Groenplaats campus in the heart of historic Antwerp, overlooking the main square and cathedral and a short stroll to the shopping precinct on the Meir.
Your lectures will mostly take place here within the faculty for Management & Information Technology. Drop into the library for some quiet study time, get together for group work in The View, or relax in the cafeteria and catch-up with course mates.
The campus enjoys excellent bus and tram links, so getting around the city is straightforward. And with Antwerpen-Centraal station just a short ride away, it means Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London are all within easy reach.
+32 3 613 16 00
Study in Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp, in the heart of Europe
- Vibrant city of learning with more than 44,000 students
- Home to the second largest port in Europe
Diamond capital of the world
Thriving fashion industry
Cultural heritage of world renown
- Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London all within easy reach
Antwerp, city for students
Antwerp has over 44,000 students. On a total of 511,000 inhabitants, that's a lot!
GATE15 works hard for a student-friendly city: sufficient and high-quality housing, a clean and safe student district, cheap rental bikes, cultural offers with great discounts, cheap and safe party areas, clear policies with respect to mounting posters and ragging, and much more.
And after you have graduated?
Since you will have studied amongst students from all over the world, your career could start anywhere. These studies are all about content, but situated in an international perspective and setting. As a professional, you can become a key figure in an international environment – any place in the world is possible – or strengthen local businesses in your home country.
Studying @ KdG, it is all about exploring …
Jobs after graduation
Executive international procurement - Supply chain administrator - Assistant international sales - Supply chain planner - Junior account manager - Junior operations manager - Junior client relationship manager - Assistant freight forwarder - Sales back office manager - Assistant international HR management - International customer service executive - International payroll administrator - International customer support officer - HR assistant - Administrator international projects - Assistant warehouse manager - Sales representative - Inventory controller - Assistant international marketing - Dispatcher - E-commerce account manager - Order administrator - Administrator international tenders - Account executive - International telesales officer - Credit collector - Paralegal assistant - Assistant business intelligence - Junior trader - Junior accountant - ...
One degree and more
IBS is your footboard to a profound expansion of your skills in an international master's programme.
Recommended partners are:
- Ecole Supérieure de Commerce (Rennes, France)
- Heriot Watt University (Edinburgh, UK)
- University of Leuven (Brussels, Belgium)
- University of Limerick (Ireland)
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- Aalesund University College (Norway)
TBS Toulouse Business School (Toulouse and Barcelona)
Lund University (Sweden)
Enrolment period for the September 2020 intake:
Starts: December 2019
Ends: You need to submit your online application and supporting documents (ID, high school diploma and language certificate) by:
- Non-EEA nationals: May 15, 2020
- Non-EEA nationals with a temporary Belgian residence permit: September 1, 2020
- EEA nationals (EU & Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein): September 1, 2020
Only complete files are accepted
EEA or non-EEA?
- European Educational Area: including all 28 EU-member states + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Belgian students are EEA students and follow this procedure.
- Join us on campus to find out what our degrees are all about.
- Our lecturers will be on hand to talk through the programme and help with any questions.
- Come and get a feel for life at KdG.
Next Open Day
- When: Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 10.00 till 16.00
- Where: here on kdg.be/en
For companies and organizations
Are you looking for an intern? Please send a mail to email@example.com.
IBS interns have the entrepreneurial spirit and the operational skills. You invest some time in briefing them and they soon add value to your organization, during the internship and maybe also later on.