Professional Bachelor in Business Management
- Introduction to all aspects of business administration in one broad programme
- Practical exercises, cases, team assignments and theory go hand in hand
- At least 40 % international classmates
- Lecturers from all over the world as well as corporate managers
- You develop intercultural sensitivity and an entrepreneurial attitude that leads to success
- Ready for the international world of business as well as for a master’s programme
What does this course contain?
As the crow flies …
The first year of your education mainly focuses on the basics of international business management such as accounting, marketing, operations and trade law. An exhaustive introduction, so to speak.
From the second year onwards you dive into operational marketing and sales, supply chain and cost accounting, international HR … and get to know the ins and outs of international business; you will fine-tune your skills.
In year three, you adapt your personal profile while choosing special elective subjects, attend a 5-month study programme at a university abroad and eventually you finish your education with an internship in an international company. On top of this you will also write your bachelor’s project report.
What does your schedule look like?
Every week is full of activities: lectures, seminars, team assignments, and self-study. Although the timetables will be visible for the full year, every week’s timetable will look different because guest lecturers mostly do not lecture on a regular basis.
Life is about experiences…
That is why students are trained and coached by a fine team of lecturers from universities and businesses from all over Europe and beyond. Your classmates come from about 25 different countries and have diverse cultural backgrounds. Study exchange and internships allow you to travel around the world. Niceness!
Most courses are a mix of theoretical lectures, group and individual assignments, exercises and tasks. The education you receive here will not only further develop your professional skills, but also stimulate your personal growth. Here, you will really become a businessman/woman.
Local students go abroad, international students can go local. Both explore and learn.
The last 3 months are reserved for the internship abroad. You consolidate what you have learned so far. You experience what real life in a company or organization is like and you build an international network.
Where to do an internship?
Wherever you prefer, as long as it is save and the experience is worthwhile in terms of learning.
- You want the world to be your daily working environment.
- International trade and cooperation fascinate you. Live up to your expectations, from your desk in your home country, or while travelling to clients and business partners around the world.
- Whatever your age is, you are strongly motivated to choose the path of international business.
- This course is taught in English, only. Good proficiency in English is required.
- Strongly motivated, open-minded and goal-driven students.
- IBS requires curiosity, a strong will to use all of your talents, a readiness to explore, to learn and to perform in an international team.
Where are your classes?
Aren’t you lucky: you study in the heart of Antwerp, at the ultramodern Groenplaats city campus. It doesn’t get much better than this! With your laptop in class, the study area, the lounge and the View, our hip study and meeting space. And of course, there’s WiFi everywhere.
You can hardly imagine a more central place: with a view of the cathedral and the Groenplaats. Also nice: the Kammenstraat and the Nationalestraat are just around the corner. Shopping in the Meir on your way home? It’s all part of the game. And then we haven’t even mentioned the many sidewalk cafés and eateries …
+32 3 613 16 00
Study in Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp, in the heart of Europe
- Rising fashion city
- Diamond capital of the world
- Second largest port in Europe
- A long history as a meeting point for international business(wo)men
- High speed trains to reach Brussels, Paris, London and Amsterdam in less than 2 hours
- International airports of Brussels and Charleroi (low cost) carry you to all major cities in Europe and the world
Antwerp, city for students
Antwerp has over 44,000 students. On a total of 511,000 inhabitants, that's a lot!
GATE15 works hard for a student-friendly city: sufficient and high-quality housing, a clean and safe student district, cheap rental bikes, cultural offers with great discounts, cheap and safe party areas, clear policies with respect to mounting posters and ragging, and much more.
And after you have graduated?
Since you will have studied amongst students from all over the world, your career could start anywhere. These studies are all about content, but situated in an international perspective and setting. As a professional, you can become a key figure in an international environment – any place in the world is possible – or strengthen local businesses in your home country.
Studying @ KdG, it is all about exploring …
Jobs after graduation
Executive international procurement - Supply chain administrator - Assistant international sales - Supply chain planner - Junior account manager - Junior operations manager - Junior client relationship manager - Assistant freight forwarder - Sales back office manager - Assistant international HR management - International customer service executive - International payroll administrator - International customer support officer - HR assistant - Administrator international projects - Assistant warehouse manager - Sales representative - Inventory controller - Assistant international marketing - Dispatcher - E-commerce account manager - Order administrator - Administrator international tenders - Account executive - International telesales officer - Credit collector - Paralegal assistant - Assistant business intelligence - Junior trader - Junior accountant - ...
One degree and more
IBS is your footboard to a profound expansion of your skills in an international master's programme.
Recommended partners are:
- Ecole Supérieure de Commerce (Rennes, France)
- Heriot Watt University (Edinburgh, UK)
- University of Leuven (Brussels, Belgium)
- University of Limerick (Ireland)
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- Aalesund University College (Norway)
TBS Toulouse Business School (Toulouse and Barcelona)
- list to be completed
The enrolment period starts on December 4th 2017 and ends on:
- April 30th 2018 for non-EEA students
- June 20th 2018 for EEA students (this the date of our final language test. Applications after this date need to include a TOEFL/ IELTS certificate)
(EEA: EU + Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein)
The earlier you apply, the higher your chances of getting accepted.
We advise everyone to apply before April 1st, particularly because that's when our admissions peak and we also have a 2 week Easter break that slows down the process.
If you apply after 1st April, your chances of getting into the program are significantly smaller, since it's first come first served.
Application information and guidelines
All application information and guidelines can be found in the documents below:
Our firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail adress is the only channel through which you can lodge your application: sending us your documents via postal services or online pre-registrations is not a valid alternative.
Taking the TOEFL test? Use our institution code, B712, to speed up the process.
The annual tuition fee for the 2017-2018 academic year will presumably be € 922 for EEA students and € 6000 for non-EEA students.
For details: see Application Information and Guidelines.
Sir, madam, a taste of the general atmosphere, maybe?
Come to a welcoming day!
Our welcoming days will show you what our programme is all about. We will welcome you as a VIP and your fellow students will introduce you to our campus.
Have any questions? They will provide the answers, whatever your ordeal might be. You will also have the chance to talk to your future teachers and to glance at the syllabi.
You will receive first-hand info about studying at KdG.
- Saturday, April 21th – from 11 am until 4 PM (at campus Zuid - Brusselstraat 45, 2018 ANTWERP)
- Saturday, June 23th – from 1 PM until 5 PM
- Thursday, September 6th – from 5 PM until 8 PM
Where? Campus Groenplaats, Nationalestraat 5, 2000 ANTWERP
For companies and organizations
Are you looking for an intern? Please send a mail to email@example.com.
IBS interns have the entrepreneurial spirit and the operational skills. You invest some time in briefing them and they soon add value to your organization, during the internship and maybe also later on.