Professional Bachelor in Business Management
- Introduction to all aspects of business administration in one broad programme
- Practical exercises, cases, team assignments and theory go hand in hand
- At least 40 % international classmates
- Lecturers from all over the world as well as corporate managers
- You develop intercultural sensitivity and an entrepreneurial attitude that leads to success
- Ready for the international world of business as well as for a master’s programme
What does this course contain?
As the crow flies …
The first year of your education mainly focuses on the basics of international business management such as accounting, marketing, operations and trade law. An exhaustive introduction, so to speak.
From the second year onwards you dive into operational marketing and sales, supply chain and cost accounting, international HR … and get to know the ins and outs of international business; you will fine-tune your skills.
In year three, you adapt your personal profile while choosing special elective subjects, attend a 5-month study programme at a university abroad and eventually you finish your education with an internship in an international company. On top of this you will also write your bachelor’s project report.
What does your schedule look like?
Every week is full of activities: lectures, seminars, team assignments, and self-study. Although the timetables will be visible for the full year, every week’s timetable will look different because guest lecturers mostly do not lecture on a regular basis.
Life is about experiences…
That is why students are trained and coached by a fine team of lecturers from universities and businesses from all over Europe and beyond. Your classmates come from about 25 different countries and have diverse cultural backgrounds. Study exchange and internships allow you to travel around the world. Niceness!
Most courses are a mix of theoretical lectures, group and individual assignments, exercises and tasks. The education you receive here will not only further develop your professional skills, but also stimulate your personal growth. Here, you will really become a businessman/woman.
Local students go abroad, international students can go local. Both explore and learn.
The last 3 months are reserved for the internship abroad. You consolidate what you have learned so far. You experience what real life in a company or organization is like and you build an international network.
Where to do an internship?
Wherever you prefer, as long as it is save and the experience is worthwhile in terms of learning.
- You want the world to be your daily working environment.
- International trade and cooperation fascinate you. Live up to your expectations, from your desk in your home country, or while travelling to clients and business partners around the world.
- Whatever your age is, you are strongly motivated to choose the path of international business.
- This course is taught in English, only. Good proficiency in English is required.
- Strongly motivated, open-minded and goal-driven students.
- IBS requires curiosity, a strong will to use all of your talents, a readiness to explore, to learn and to perform in an international team.
You will study at our Groenplaats campus in the heart of historic Antwerp, overlooking the main square and cathedral and a short stroll to the shopping precinct on the Meir.
Your lectures will mostly take place here within the faculty for Management & Information Technology. Drop into the library for some quiet study time, get together for group work in The View, or relax in the cafeteria and catch-up with course mates.
The campus enjoys excellent bus and tram links, so getting around the city is straightforward. And with Antwerpen-Centraal station just a short ride away, it means Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London and all within easy reach.
+32 3 613 16 00
Study in Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp, in the heart of Europe
- Vibrant city of learning with more than 44,000 students
- Home to the second largest port in Europe
Diamond capital of the world
Thriving fashion industry
Cultural heritage of world renown
- Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London all within easy reach
Antwerp, city for students
Antwerp has over 44,000 students. On a total of 511,000 inhabitants, that's a lot!
GATE15 works hard for a student-friendly city: sufficient and high-quality housing, a clean and safe student district, cheap rental bikes, cultural offers with great discounts, cheap and safe party areas, clear policies with respect to mounting posters and ragging, and much more.
And after you have graduated?
Since you will have studied amongst students from all over the world, your career could start anywhere. These studies are all about content, but situated in an international perspective and setting. As a professional, you can become a key figure in an international environment – any place in the world is possible – or strengthen local businesses in your home country.
Studying @ KdG, it is all about exploring …
Jobs after graduation
Executive international procurement - Supply chain administrator - Assistant international sales - Supply chain planner - Junior account manager - Junior operations manager - Junior client relationship manager - Assistant freight forwarder - Sales back office manager - Assistant international HR management - International customer service executive - International payroll administrator - International customer support officer - HR assistant - Administrator international projects - Assistant warehouse manager - Sales representative - Inventory controller - Assistant international marketing - Dispatcher - E-commerce account manager - Order administrator - Administrator international tenders - Account executive - International telesales officer - Credit collector - Paralegal assistant - Assistant business intelligence - Junior trader - Junior accountant - ...
One degree and more
IBS is your footboard to a profound expansion of your skills in an international master's programme.
Recommended partners are:
- Ecole Supérieure de Commerce (Rennes, France)
- Heriot Watt University (Edinburgh, UK)
- University of Leuven (Brussels, Belgium)
- University of Limerick (Ireland)
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- Aalesund University College (Norway)
TBS Toulouse Business School (Toulouse and Barcelona)
Lund University (Sweden)
Enrolment opens on December 3, 2018, and ends on the following dates for the individual categories:
- Non-EEA nationals
Submit your online application by April 30, 2019
Complete your admissions file by May 10, 2019
- Non-EEA nationals with a temporary EU residence permit
Submit your online application by June 1, 2019
Complete your admissions file by June 14, 2019
- EEA nationals (EU & Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein) WITHOUT a TOEFL, IELTS or ITACE certificate
Complete your application by June 12, 2019
Please note our final language test will take place on June 19, 2019
EEA nationals (EU & Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein) with a TOEFL, IELTS or ITACE certificate
The sooner you submit your online application, the earlier you find out whether or not you meet the admissions’ criteria.
Application information and guidelines
All application information and guidelines can be found in the documents below:
Once you have completed the Application Form please send your scanned documents via the relevant programme email address provided in your application confirmation message. This is the only way in which we can process your documents. Please do not send copies of your documents via the post.
If you are taking the TOEFL test, you can use our KdG code – B712 – to speed up the process.
Join us on campus to find out what our bachelor’s degree is all about.
Our lecturers will be on hand to talk through the programme and help with any questions.
It is also chance to meet with current students and get a feel for life at KdG.
Where & when?
Campus Groenplaats, Nationalestraat 5, 2000 Antwerp
- Saturday, February 23, 2019: 10:00 -17:00
- Saturday, June 22, 2019: 10:00 - 14:00
- Thursday, September 5, 2019: 17:00 - 21:00
Campus Zuid, Brusselstraat 45, 2018 Antwerp
- Saturday, April 27, 2019: 10:00 – 14:00
For companies and organizations
Are you looking for an intern? Please send a mail to email@example.com.
IBS interns have the entrepreneurial spirit and the operational skills. You invest some time in briefing them and they soon add value to your organization, during the internship and maybe also later on.