Specialisation of the professional bachelor of International Business Management *
Starts September 2021
- A creative, hands-on programme for budding entrepreneurs set on launching a business venture in international markets
- Hone your business acumen mastering the key principles of international business as you build an agile, viable enterprise
- Get a 360° view of start-up life with a 10-week internship in an up-and-coming company
- Surround yourself in ideas. Benefit from practice-based learning in Antwerp – an innovative start-up hub for like-minded entrepreneurs
- Draw on the expertise of the Flemish Agency for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and our Entrepreneurs’ Centre
- Become your own boss. Turn your concept into a start-up business during your final-year internship
* The Business Management degree programme will be called International Business Management if its name change is approved by the Flemish government.
What does this course contain?
Just over a third of your International Business Management degree focuses on your specialisation.
Start with the fundamentals – accounting, cross-cultural communication, economics, law, marketing, logistics and trade.
Now discover how entrepreneurial you really are as we introduce your specialisation. Entrepreneurs recognise a good opportunity when they see one, so seize the chance to launch a business venture with a team.
A 10-week internship follows in year two. Soak up life working for a young start-up. What better preparation for your own business? This is as close as it gets. Focus on start-up strategy, business management, and the international business scene as you grow your skillset.
Being entrepreneurial is the bedrock of your final year. Support an international start-up with a hands-on project before setting your own business in motion. You do so, supported by a KdG mentor, and an entrepreneur that you have recruited as a coach.
You want to start your own business. You have the drive. And plenty of it. You are creative, but you know it takes more than ideas to succeed. This is where your flair for business comes to the fore. You are always on the look-out for gaps in the market, ready to plug them. Prepared to put in the hours for market research? Yes! You are in it for the long haul. You lead by example and have the energy to face challenges and see off problems. The reward of being your own boss is worth it. We look forward to meeting you.
- This course is taught in English, only. Good proficiency in English is required.
- You hold a secondary education certificate that grants access to a comparable higher education degree programme in the country it was granted.
- Strongly motivated, open-minded and goal-driven students.
- Our programme requires curiosity, a strong will to use all of your talents, a readiness to explore, to learn and to perform in an international team.
You will study at our Groenplaats campus in the heart of historic Antwerp, overlooking the main square and cathedral and a short stroll to the shopping precinct on the Meir.
Your lectures will mostly take place here within the faculty of Management & Information Technology. Drop into the library for some quiet study time, get together for group work in The View, or relax in the cafeteria and catch-up with course mates.
The campus enjoys excellent bus and tram links, so getting around the city is straightforward. And with Antwerpen-Centraal station just a short ride away, it means Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London are all within easy reach.
+32 3 613 16 00
It is possible that you will have some lectures in our smaller campuses Pothoek and Stadswaag.
Study in Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp, in the heart of Europe
- Vibrant city of learning with more than 44,000 students
- Home to the second-largest port in Europe
Diamond capital of the world
Thriving fashion industry
Cultural heritage of world renown
- Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London all within easy reach
Antwerp, city for students
Antwerp has over 44,000 students. On a total of 511,000 inhabitants, that's a lot!
GATE15 works hard for a student-friendly city: sufficient and high-quality housing, a clean and safe student district, cheap rental bikes, cultural offers with great discounts, affordable and safe party areas, clear policies with respect to mounting posters and ragging, and much more.
Antwerp, city for students. An Introduction
This is Antwerp
What do other students say about Antwerp?
We gear our training towards you graduating with a start-up business. We prepare you for this moment, so you can grow and sustain your business venture with confidence.
Or perhaps you want to continue your studies? Then a master’s degree in the field of business management is also an option.
- Join us to find out what our degrees are all about
- Our lecturers will be on hand to talk through the programme and help with any questions
- Come and get a feel for life at KdG
Visit our next Open Day