Students in stressful social/psychosocial situations

Are you combining your studies at KdG with an additional care role for children or sick parents, or a pregnancy? Have you experienced a traumatic event which may have an adverse effect or are you currently experiencing other troubling circumstances? If so, a ‘stressful social/psychosocial situations’ status may help ease this challenge. 

How can you apply for an individual learning certificate?

Your application comprises the following steps:

  • Go to and register.
  • Click on ‘new application’ and then ‘individual learning certificate’. Fill out your application.
  • Upload your certificates/supporting documents if necessary.
  • Submit your application.
  • You will be assigned a contact person via email. Make an appointment with your contact person.
  • As a student you can follow the status of your application in your digital student file. If your application with individual study and examination arrangements is approved, you will find your individual learning certificate in your digital student file. You will be able to consult this certificate at all times there. Print the certificate to make use of special examination arrangements during the exams.

How can you demonstrate this? 

Depending on the situation, we may ask you for supporting documents. These supporting documents may comprise the following: 

  • A medical certificate (e.g. for pregnancy, palliative care for a parent) 
  • Proof of family composition (e.g. studying with children) 
  • Death certificate 
  • ... 

Do you have any further questions

If so, contact the Study Career Counsellor of your degree programme.