The Belgian Government has decided that Ukrainian nationals seeking refuge in Belgium will receive temporary protection with immediate effect. Many Ukrainian students are looking for opportunities to start or continue their university studies elsewhere.
These are the options at KdG:
- English-taught bachelor’s programmes
- Dutch-taught bachelor’s programmes. A good knowledge of the Dutch language is required to enrol in these programmes. A yearlong intensive Dutch language programme can help you prepare for them. Read the admission criteria.
- The next intake for these programmes is September 2022. There is no application deadline.
- Credits transfers from your current programme into our September 2022 intake may be possible. Due to the project-based approach at KdG, transfering into a current study programme is not an option.
Refugee students from Ukraine residing in Flanders and who wish to prepare for higher education in Flanders or increase their competences in academic English and Dutch, can enrol in Antwerp Short Course.
For students looking to join the September 2022 intake:
- The tuition fees payable will be equivalent to those for EEA nationals if you hold proof of temporary protection status.
- Ukrainian students with temporary protection status in Belgium can apply for an additional Flemish government scholarship.
- If you are currently located in Flanders, you could benefit from the Antwerp Short Course to help you prepare for your continued studies.
- There is no application deadline for the September 2022 intake at KdG.
- Start your application here, or reach out to email@example.com if you have specific questions.
- Our English-taught master’s programme at Sint-Lucas Antwerp has additional interview sessions in June.
International and current students in Ukraine
We are aware that many international students who were studying in Ukraine are now looking at alternatives for continuing their studies outside Ukraine.
- You can apply for our September 2022 intake. Credit transfers may be possible.
- A direct transfer to KdG is not an option, as most of our programmes are taught in Dutch - and it is not possible to enroll in a current programme at this stage.
We recommend you to look at alternatives in the neighbouring countries and to contact your national government for special measures that may be taken for students in your situation.