Professional Bachelor of Applied Information Technology
Starts September 2020
- Get the whole package – a programme offering the technical scope, solution-oriented training and soft skills sought by the IT sector
- Immerse yourself in future technologies and artificial intelligence techniques like machine learning and neural networks – must-haves for developers across all sectors
- Benefit from practice-based learning, working on real projects for international companies and organisations
- Keep your finger on the pulse with the latest technological advances brought to you by our expert coaches
- Get business savvy with our international company simulation – work your way up to the board of directors
- Boost your industry credentials with an eight-week internship working for an international company – in Belgium or abroad
What does this course contain?
Course in brief
Welcome to the rapidly-evolving world of computer science, where we always look to the future. We help you to develop the specialist technical knowledge, ideas and the business savvy needed by today's programmers.
Your first two years combine a thorough grounding in programming, artificial intelligence, data science, networks, systems and hardware.
From day one, you learn to apply this knowledge in our integration projects, under the guidance of expert mentors. Typically, these focus on socially-relevant themes giving you the chance to innovate while delivering sustainable solutions.
Our company simulation equips you in leadership, critical thinking and intercultural communication skills. You start out as a junior professional, working your way up to the board of directors by your final year.
A focus on future technologies in the third year gives you an insight into the latest IT developments. You are now fully prepared for your internship. Step out with confidence. You will spend the next eight weeks working for an international company – either in Belgium or abroad.
Logic puzzles intrigue you. A strong spatial reasoning and an eye for discerning patterns, mean you can rattle off a sudoku or game of Tetris with ease. You remain unfazed when it comes to problem-solving – it is a chance for critical and creative thought and conveying complex ideas, simply.
You will study at our Groenplaats campus in the heart of historic Antwerp, overlooking the main square and cathedral and a short stroll to the shopping precinct on the Meir.
Your lectures will mostly take place here within the faculty for Management & Information Technology. Drop into the library for some quiet study time, get together for group work in The View, or relax in the cafeteria and catch-up with course mates.
The campus enjoys excellent bus and tram links, so getting around the city is straightforward. And with Antwerpen-Centraal station just a short ride away, it means Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London are all within easy reach.
+32 3 613 16 00
Study in Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp, in the heart of Europe
- Vibrant city of learning with more than 44,000 students
- Home to the second largest port in Europe
Diamond capital of the world
Thriving fashion industry
Cultural heritage of world renown
- Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London all within easy reach
Antwerp, city for students
Antwerp has over 44,000 students. On a total of 511,000 inhabitants, that's a lot!
GATE15 works hard for a student-friendly city: sufficient and high-quality housing, a clean and safe student district, cheap rental bikes, cultural offers with great discounts, cheap and safe party areas, clear policies with respect to mounting posters and ragging, and much more.
Work or study?
This new programme is modelled on our existing Dutch-language bachelor’s degree which boasts an impressive employment record among graduates. Experience has taught us that our graduate profile is actively sought after by recruiters, and it is common for our final-year students to receive job offers before they graduate.
Our programme is designed to get you ready for work. We help to train you as a full stack developer who can take on projects in artificial intelligence, data management, front end and back end. This skillset is sought by a wide range of sectors.
Or perhaps you want to continue your studies with a master’s degree in computer science? Check back for future study option updates.
The course is taught in English, so a good level of language proficiency is required.
An open mind, strong motivation and a goal-oriented approach.
Curiosity, with a readiness to explore, a desire to use your talents as well as perform as part of an international team.
Enrolment period for the September 2020 intake:
Starts: December 2019
Ends: You need to submit your online application and supporting documents (ID, high school diploma and language certificate) by:
- Non-EEA nationals: May 15, 2020
- Non-EEA nationals with a temporary Belgian residence permit: September 1, 2020
- EEA nationals (EU & Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein): September 1, 2020
Only complete files are accepted
EEA or non-EEA?
- European Educational Area: including all 28 EU-member states + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Belgian students are EEA students and follow this procedure.
- Join us on campus to find out what our degrees are all about.
- Our lecturers will be on hand to talk through the programme and help with any questions.
- Come and get a feel for life at KdG.
Next Open Day
- When: Saturday, March 14, 2020 from 10.00 till 17.00
- Where: campus Groenplaats