Professional bachelor of Multimedia and Communication Technology
Starts September 2019
Love the web, audio, video, 3D, mobile apps, prototyping ...? Our programme is made for you.
Get inspired by our mix of creativity, technology and strategy and let curiosity take over.
Discover how we make technology work for us, unlock its extraordinary potential and society may thank you.
Work together with companies and organisations on real-life projects
Enjoy on-the-job experience during a four-month internship abroad or secure the go-ahead to pursue your own start-up.
Choose our English-language programme to help launch your career into the digital world.
What does this course contain?
Course in brief
You will develop the cutting-edge creativity and technical skills to help you to shine in the fast-paced world of new media.
From day one, you learn how to apply the theory as you immerse yourself in 3D printers, ViReS, Kinects, Arduino boards, input devices, hand tools, and audiovisual equipment… get ready, our FabLab awaits you.
Our project-based approach gives you an understanding of the realities of work as you work to resolve a series of practical challenges. You will draw on the technical knowledge learned in our specialist workshops to deliver meaningful solutions to real-life problems that clients and customers face.
As you build up your commercial awareness, we will also work on your leadership and intercultural communication skills needed for the international workplace.
During your final year, your focus shifts to on-the-job experience. Got an entrepreneurial streak? Then, you can apply for student entrepreneur status and if successful pursue your own start-up. Or, choose to go abroad for a different kind of adventure, getting on-the-job experience working for a company.
Whatever you decide, this 16-week placement is likely to have a significant impact on your next step…
A space where you can share knowledge, experiment and innovate. Here Nxt Media Technology students can swap ideas with students from automotive technology, biomedical laboratory technology, business management, teacher training and art school.
You name it, you will find it – audiovisual equipment, input devices, 3D scanners, 3D printers, laser cutters, electronics instruments, computers with design software and hand tools to materials such as plastics, cork, sensors and actuators…
What do you need?
Our campuses are equipped with the latest technology so all you need is your own laptop that meets these specifications:
- Screen diagonal: minimum 15"
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD A10
- Internal RAM memory: minimum 16GB
- Storage capacity: minimum 256 GB (of which 128 GB SSD or flash)
- Graphics card: dedicated
Count on a maximum of €75 of software per year. As a KdG student, you get a discount on software from Adobe, Academic Download, Academic Box and Academic Computing.
Innovation excites you and you are always on the lookout for breakthroughs in media tech. You are digital whiz, able to suss out gaps in the market with your entrepreneurial instinct. You are an ideas person who creates – turning designs into prototypes. You enjoy connecting things and are driven by the prospect of bringing technology and people closer together.
- The course is taught in English, so a good level of language proficiency is required.
- An open mind, strong motivation and a goal-oriented approach.
- Curiosity, with a readiness to explore, a desire to use your talents as well as perform as part of an international team.
Study in Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp, in the heart of Europe
- Vibrant city of learning with more than 44,000 students
- Home to the second largest port in Europe
Diamond capital of the world
Thriving fashion industry
Cultural heritage of world renown
- Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London all within easy reach
Antwerp, city for students
Antwerp has over 44,000 students. On a total of 511,000 inhabitants, that's a lot!
GATE15 works hard for a student-friendly city: sufficient and high-quality housing, a clean and safe student district, cheap rental bikes, cultural offers with great discounts, cheap and safe party areas, clear policies with respect to mounting posters and ragging, and much more.
- Your lectures will mostly take place within the Faculty of Science & Technology.
- Drop into the library for some quiet study time or group work, or relax in the cafeteria and catch-up with course mates.
- The campus enjoys excellent bus and tram links, so getting into the city centre is straightforward. On-site parking is also available.
+32 3 613 17 00
Work or study?
Our programme is all about getting you work ready. Jobs such as a digital strategist, innovation manager, growth hacker, digital transformer, creative technologist, solution architect, digital product designer are just some of possible careers you could pursue.
Or perhaps you want to continue with your studies? Then a master’s degree in industrial or electronical engineering or product design are also potential options.
For the September 2019 intake:
December 3rd , 2018
- Non-EEA nationals
Submit your online application by May 15, 2019
Complete your admissions file by May 20, 2019
- Non-EEA nationals with a temporary EU residence permit
Submit your online application by June 1, 2019
Complete your admissions file by June 14, 2019
- EEA nationals (EU & Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein) WITHOUT a TOEFL, IELTS or ITACE certificate
Complete your application by June 12, 2019
Please note our final language test will take place on June 19, 2019
- EEA nationals with a TOEFL, IELTS, or ITACE certificate
The sooner you submit your online application, the earlier you find out whether or not you meet the admission criteria
1. Application form
- The application form takes about 15 minutes if you have prepared your motivational statement in advance.
- It should outline why you are interested in our programme(s), our school and how the course relates to you as an individual, your previous experience and your ambitions (minimum 100 words).
- You also need to submit details of your educational history.
2. Supporting documents
Once you have submitted your application form, you will receive a confirmation message and request to email the following scanned supporting documents to the relevant programme:
Your identity card (front and back) or passport. International students already living in Belgium should also include a copy of their Belgian residence card (front and back). These help to determine your tuition fees.
- High school diploma
- Language certificate
This is the only way in which we can process your documents. Please do not send copies of your documents in the post.
Your application is checked to ensure it meets our course requirements. We can only process your application if all the supporting documents are included.
Our admissions staff are authorised to request additional documentation and, upon receiving documents of a non-verifiable nature, reject your admission.
We will inform you by email to let you know whether your application is successful or not.
Some students may receive a conditional acceptance – subject to them submitting their high school diploma certificate by the beginning of September.
4. Official enrolment
- International students
Once you have paid your tuition fee for the upcoming academic year, your place is reserved on the degree programme. Congratulations!
You will receive a formal acceptance letter via email, which can be used to apply for a visa if required.
- Students with a Flemish or Dutch high school diploma
Your KdG acceptance email is sufficient to reserve your place and we will invite you to our campus during the Summer to finalise your enrolment and tuition fee payment.
The tuition fee for the 2019-2020 academic year is as follows:
- €6112.80 for non-EEA students
- €938.80 for EEA students
Once the full tuition fee is paid, your place on the programme is reserved.
Supplementary educational materials such as coursebooks are not included.
EEA or non-EEA?
- European Educational Area: including all 28 EU-member states + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Belgian students are EEA students and follow this procedure.
Join us on campus to find out what our bachelor’s degree is all about.
Our lecturers will be on hand to talk through the programme and help with any questions.
Come and get a feel for life at KdG.
Where & when?
Campus Hoboken, Salesianenlaan 90, 2060 HOBOKEN
- Saturday, February 23, 2019: 10:00 -17:00
- Saturday, June 22, 2019: 10:00 - 14:00
- Thursday, September 5, 2019: 17:00 - 21:00
Campus Zuid, Brusselstraat 45, 2018 Antwerp
- Saturday, April 27, 2019: 10:00 – 14:00